Friday, July 16, 2010

Peeing Lessons

I'm not giving them. I'm actually in need of them.

I am specifically in search of tips on how to pee in a public bathroom and NOT get sprayed in the ass with dirty toilet water. Maybe there is some kind of protocol for sitting on a toilet and not activating the automatic flusher that no one ever told me. I'm dying to know the secret.

Every time I use one of these mystifying contraptions,(which is VERY rarely because I'm more of a go at home kind of girl) I am just sitting there takin care of business and WHAM! toilet water spraying all over my ass. They just randomly decide to flush and simultaneously scare the shit out of me and give me an unwanted mist of germ water.

I think the "hover not cover" technique combined with my not so wonderful balance has something to do with it. I'm always in a half tip-toed squatting down position that inevitably results in some off balance moments that make the toilet think I'm getting up and so it flushes, but I'm not done. I tried to adopt a go at home only policy which mostly worked, but having a fetus dancing on your bladder all day doesn't really leave you much room to decide when or where you are gonna go.

We are trying to potty train my daughter right now. I may need to enlist some help because I am obviously not the best woman for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment